SAARecorder saves raw data to .rsa files. The data in these files can be exported to a variety of formats including a text format where the data values are comma-separated. The converted text files can contain comma-separated position, bend angles, acceleration data, and temperatures. Files in this format can be opened by spreadsheet software.
Step 1 - Select Your Files
In SAARecorder, open the File menu and select the Export raw data to text option.
Figure 1: The File menu in SAARecorder
From the Choose a raw data file to export to text window, select the .rsa file to export and click the Open button.
Figure 2: Choosing a raw data file to export
Step 2 - Configure Export to Text Data Settings
In the Export to Text Data dialog, select the options that suit the ShapeArray (SAA) raw data files selected:
- Export data for all SAAs - Check this check-box to export all available ShapeArrays in the ‘Available SAAs’ list
- Available SAAs - A list of all available ShapeArrays for this export. This list is dictated by the files selected in the 'File Selection’ window
- Selected SAAs - All the ShapeArrays selected
- Add to Selected button - Highlight one or more ShapeArrays in the Available SAAs list then click this button to move them to the Selected SAAs list
- Remove from Selected button - Highlight one or more ShapeArrays in the Selected SAAs list then click this button to remove them from the list
- Export all data samples - Exports all the data
Export Sample From:
- Ensure the Export All Data Samples check-box is unchecked
- Enter the start and end times to export
- There will be one start and end time for each ShapeArray
- View Text Output in Text Editor - Will open a text editor when the conversion is complete. This option will only work if there is a text editor associated with .txt files.
Figure 3: The Export to Text Data dialog
Step 3 - Select the Data to Export
Click the Data to Export button, shown in Figure 3 above, to open the Select Data to Export to Text window, shown in Figure 4 below. Each ShapeArray in the Selected SAAs list will be represented as a tab. Select the data to be included in the export for each ShapeArray. Click the OK button when selections for all ShapeArrays have been made.
SAA Joints to Export - A list of joint numbers to be exported. This list can be represented in the following formats.
- A hyphenated range of joint numbers
- A comma-separated list of joint numbers
- The word All for all joints
- Acc. X, Acc. Y, Acc. Z - Acceleration at X, Y, and / or Z
- Pos. X, Pos. Y, Pos. Z - Position of X, Y and / or Z
- Rot. X, Rot. Y - Rotation angles around X and / or Y
- Absolute Tilt
- Time (sec)
Figure 4: Selecting data for export
Step 4 - Start the Conversion and Select a Filename
In the Export to Text Data dialog, shown in Figure 3 above, click the Start Conversion button, choose a location to save the text file and provide a name for it, and click the Save button.
Figure 5: Selecting a location and name for the exported data file
Step 5 - Configure Sampling and Output Options
In the Sampling and Output Options dialog, select how the data should be sampled for the output text file and click the OK button.
- Leave Sampling Unchanged
- Resample at xx Hz
- One Averaged Sample per Data Collection Interval
Figure 6: The Sampling and Output Options dialog
Step 6 - Complete the Export and Review the Data
Click the OK button once the export is complete.
Figure 7: Export to text complete
Your new file can be opened in a text file viewer, such as Notepad.
Figure 8: An example of exported data in Notepad