SAARecorder saves raw data to .rsa files. The data in these files can be exported to a variety of formats including a text format where the data values are comma-separated. The converted text files can contain comma-separated position, bend angles, acceleration data, and temperatures. Files in this format can be opened by spreadsheet software.
In SAASuite 3.0 or higher, the SAARecorder application is launched by clicking the Manual Data Collection button.
Figure 1: Launch SAARecorder from SAASuite by clicking the Manual Data Collection button
Step 1 - Select Your Files
In SAARecorder, open the File menu and select the Export raw data to text option.
Figure 2: The File menu in SAARecorder
From the Choose a raw data file to export to text window, select the .rsa file to export and click the Open button.
Figure 3: Choosing a raw data file to export
Step 2 - Configure Export to Text Data Settings
In the Export to Text Data dialog, select the options that suit the ShapeArray (SAA) raw data files selected:
- Export data for all SAAs - Check this check-box to export all available ShapeArrays in the ‘Available SAAs’ list
- Available SAAs - A list of all available ShapeArrays for this export. This list is dictated by the files selected in the 'File Selection’ window
- Selected SAAs - All the ShapeArrays selected
- Add to Selected button - Highlight one or more ShapeArrays in the Available SAAs list then click this button to move them to the Selected SAAs list
- Remove from Selected button - Highlight one or more ShapeArrays in the Selected SAAs list then click this button to remove them from the list
- Export all data samples - Exports all the data
- Export Sample From:
- Ensure the Export All Data Samples check-box is unchecked
- Enter the start and end times to export
- There will be one start and end time for each ShapeArray
- View Text Output in Text Editor - Will open a text editor when the conversion is complete. This option will only work if there is a text editor associated with .txt files.
Figure 4: The Export to Text Data dialog
Step 3 - Select the Data to Export
Click the Data to Export button, shown in Figure 3 above, to open the Select Data to Export to Text window, shown in Figure 4 below. Each ShapeArray in the Selected SAAs list will be represented as a tab. Select the data to be included in the export for each ShapeArray. Click the OK button when selections for all ShapeArrays have been made.
- SAA Joints to Export - A list of joint numbers to be exported. This list can be represented in the following formats.
- A hyphenated range of joint numbers
- A comma-separated list of joint numbers
- The word All for all joints
- Acc. X, Acc. Y, Acc. Z - Acceleration at X, Y, and / or Z
- Pos. X, Pos. Y, Pos. Z - Position of X, Y and / or Z
- Rot. X, Rot. Y - Rotation angles around X and / or Y
- Absolute Tilt
- Time (sec)
Figure 5: Selecting data for export
Step 4 - Start the Conversion and Select a Filename
In the Export to Text Data dialog, shown in Figure 3 above, click the Start Conversion button, choose a location to save the text file and provide a name for it, and click the Save button.
Figure 6: Selecting a location and name for the exported data file
Step 5 - Configure Sampling and Output Options
In the Sampling and Output Options dialog, select how the data should be sampled for the output text file and click the OK button.
- Leave Sampling Unchanged
- Resample at xx Hz
- One Averaged Sample per Data Collection Interval
Figure 7: The Sampling and Output Options dialog
Step 6 - Complete the Export and Review the Data
Click the OK button once the export is complete.
Figure 8: Export to text complete
Your new file can be opened in a text file viewer, such as Notepad.
Figure 9: An example of exported data in Notepad