Automated data conversion requires generating a "pref_project.txt" file. This requires doing a data conversion manually using SAACR_raw2data. Please refer to the Command-Line Operations section of the SAACR_raw2data manual.
Once the "pref_project.txt" file has been generated, it is possible to set up the PC to automatically convert the data into a format viewable in SAAView. This is accomplished using the LoggerNet Task Master utility.
Step 1 - Open LoggerNet's Task Master and Add a Task
From LoggerNet's Main menu, click the Task Master option.
Figure 1: The Main menu in LoggerNet
Click on the data logger of interest in the Tasks section of the window. Click the Add After button.
Figure 2: Task Master after the logger has been selected and the Add After button clicked
On the How Task_n Starts tab, in the Station Event Type drop down menu, select the After Successful Call option.
Step 2 - Configure the Task
Click the What Task_n Does tab. On the Execute File tab, select the Execute File checkbox. Configure the File Name, Command Line Options, and Start In options with the following settings.
Note: These are the default locations for the SAACR_raw2data executable and the logger data files. If you have installed your Measurand software in a different location or configured your logger project to save data files in a different location, then these options will need to be changed to match.
- File Name: C:\Measurand Inc\SAA3D\SAACR_raw2data.exe
- Command Line Options: "C:\Measurand Inc\SAA3D\logger_files\[project folder]\pref_project.txt"
- This entry MUST be in quotations (" ") since there is a space in the C:\Measurand Inc\ path
- Locate the "pref_project.txt" file for the project
- The keyword stealth can be placed at the end of the command line option to cause SAACR_raw2data to run without displaying any graphical interface. This can significantly speed up processing for automated conversions.
- Start in: C:\Measurand Inc\SAA3D
- This should be the parent folder where all the previous files are located
Figure 3: The What Task_1 Does tab in Task Master
To have the conversion execute in the background, select the Run Minimized checkbox. Click the Apply button to save the configuration.
Step 3 - Check Status
Go to the Status tab. Verify that the Pause All Tasks checkbox is unchecked.
Figure 4: The Status tab in Task Master
SAACR_raw2data utility will run upon successful completion of a scheduled data download. A progress bar will appear after a scheduled data download indicating that the SAACR_raw2data utility is running. If any of the files required by SAACR_raw2data are open while the program is being executed an error message will be generated. Data which has already been automatically converted can be viewed at any point by running SAAView.
Note: To speed up the automated conversion of raw data, you may wish to change your data logger project to save files using the Overwrite File mode. Please refer to the Saving Data in Overwrite File Mode section of the LoggerNet manual.