SAACR_raw2data can automatically apply software adjustments to raw data collected from ShapeArrays (SAAs) as it converts it to Cartesian data. The following adjustments can applied.
- Anti-rotation adjustment adjusts data for instances where segments in a ShapeArray roll (rotate) but do not have a significant change in their tilt
- eXYZ adjustment corrects for small instability (exclusively in sensor X, Y, or Z) in legacy accelerometers. Next-generation models do not have instability. eXYZ adjustment can be inappropriate for discrete shapes that change suddenly.
- Cyclical (zigzag) Installation
- Cyclical (zigzag) Installation adjustment applies medial axis math for cyclical installations wherein the ShapeArray zigzags down a large-diameter casing. Do not apply to installations with the ShapeArray in 27 mm ID PVC. This adjustment should only be applied to SAAV installations.
- Zero-Ends (Horizontal)
- Zero-Ends (Horizontal) adjustment sets deformation of both ends to zero. This assumes that both ends of the ShapeArray are physically unmoving. This adjustment can also be applied to SuperShapeArrays. Zero-Ends adjustment can only be applied to data from horizontal installations.
Applying these adjustments automatically requires some initial setup. This involves viewing an initial conversion of raw data in SAAView to ensure that the data adjustments are appropriate.
Step 1 - Perform an Initial Reset Conversion with SAACR_raw2data
Before any adjustments can be applied to raw data collected from a ShapeArray, a Reset conversion must first be performed using SAACR_raw2data without any adjustment options selected. You can find more information on performing a Reset conversion in the SAACR_raw2data How-To Guide.
Figure 1: Before any adjustments can be applied automatically, an initial Reset conversion must be completed.
Step 2 - Open and Examine Converted Data in SAAView
Adjustments can only be set in SAACR_raw2data once they have been enabled in SAAView. Open the newly converted raw data in SAAView and click the View UnFiltered button. Examine the data closely using the various view options from the View menu.
Figure 2: The View menu options in SAAView's Data View window
Click on the ADJUSTMENTS Tab and select the adjustment options to preview their effect on the data. More information about the options available on the ADJUSTMENTS tab are available in the SAAView Manual.
Figure 3: The ADJUSTMENTS tab in SAAView's Data View window
Step 3 - Enable the Adjustments in SAACR_raw2data
Once you have selected the desired adjustments on the ADJUSTMENTS tab in SAAView's Data View window, click the Enable these Selections in SAACR_raw2data button. A list of the available adjustments and their current status will be displayed in a new window. Adjustments that will be enabled in SAACR_raw2data are indicated by ENA in the Enabled field for each adjustment. Adjustments that were already set and applied to the data are indicated by SET in the Also Set field for each adjustment.
Note: Adjustments can be SET in SAACR_raw2data only after they have been ENABLED in SAAView.
Figure 4: The Adjustments preview window in SAAView
Click the OK button to enable the selected adjustments in SAACR_raw2data. An ArrayAdjustmentsSaa.mat file will be saved in the project folder.
Step 4 - Perform Another Reset Conversion with SAACR_raw2data and Set the Adjustments
After you have enabled the desired adjustments in SAAView, you need to set them in SAACR_raw2data. This will require you to perform another Reset conversion on the raw data. When you encounter the Settings window during the conversion, you can click the View button in the Adjustments column to see a summary of the Adjustments that have been enabled. To set the adjustments enabled in SAAView and have them automatically applied to future conversions with SAACR_raw2data, select the Adjustment checkbox, as shown in the figure below.
Figure 5: The Adjustment column in the Settings window of SAACR_raw2data has a checkbox and View button
Proceed with the rest of the conversion in SAACR_raw2data as normal. More information about performing conversions is available in the SAACR_raw2data How-To Guide. Future executions of SAACR_raw2data using the OK(Auto) option, or from the command line by specifying the pref_project.txt file, will have the desired adjustments applied automatically.