SAACR_raw2data can apply software adjustments to raw data collected from ShapeArrays (SAAs) as it converts it to Cartesian data.
In SAASuite 3.0 or higher, the Raw2Data application is launched by clicking the Data Conversion button.
Figure 1: Raw2Data is launched by clicking the Data Conversion button
Adjustments can either be viewed and applied in SAAView, or enabled directly in SAACR_raw2data. The following adjustments can applied:
- Anti-rotation adjustment adjusts data for instances where segments in a ShapeArray roll (rotate) but do not have a significant change in their tilt
- Bias Shift (formerly known as eXYZ)
- The Bias Shift adjustment corrects for small instability (exclusively in sensor X, Y, or Z) in legacy accelerometers. Next-generation models do not have instability. The Bias Shift adjustment can be inappropriate for discrete shapes that change suddenly. The Bias Shift algorithm is applied automatically to all Model 3 SAAF arrays that are installed vertically. This is done when a project is being processed in 'Reset' mode in version 5.08 or newer of Raw2Data. The Bias Shift adjustment can still be applied to all other arrays through the traditional method described below.
- Cyclical (zigzag) Installation
- Cyclical (zigzag) Installation adjustment applies medial axis math for cyclical installations wherein the ShapeArray zigzags within the casing. This adjustment should only be applied to SAAV installations and is automatically applied for vertically installed SAAVs.
- Zero-Ends (Horizontal)
- Zero-Ends (Horizontal) adjustment sets deformation of both ends to zero. This assumes that both ends of the ShapeArray are physically unmoving. This adjustment can also be applied to SuperShapeArrays. Zero-Ends adjustment can only be applied to data from horizontal installations.
Step 1 - Perform an Initial Reset Conversion with SAACR_raw2data
Before any adjustments are applied to raw data collected from a ShapeArray, you may want to view an initial conversion of raw data in SAAView to ensure that the data adjustments are appropriate. To do this, you will need to perform a Reset conversion using SAACR_raw2data without any adjustment options selected. You can find more information on performing a Reset conversion in the SAACR_raw2data How-To Guide.
Figure 2: Before any adjustments can be applied automatically, an initial Reset conversion must be completed.
Step 2 - Open and Examine Converted Data in SAAView
Open the newly converted raw data in SAAView and click the View UnFiltered button. Examine the data closely using the various view options from the View menu.
Figure 3: The View menu options in SAAView's Data View window
If you are viewing data from Model 3 SAAF arrays that are installed vertically, when you click on the ADJUSTMENTS tab, a dialogue box will appear stating that SAACR_raw2data automatically applies the eXYZ adjustment for certain vertical arrays. You can then select the adjustment options to preview their effect on the data. More information about the options available on the ADJUSTMENTS tab are available in the SAAView Manual.
Figure 4: The ADJUSTMENTS tab in SAAView's Data View window
Step 3 - Enable the Adjustments in SAACR_raw2data
Once you have selected the desired adjustments on the ADJUSTMENTS tab in SAAView's Data View window, click the Enable these Selections in SAACR_raw2data button. A list of the available adjustments and their current status will be displayed in a new window. Adjustments that will be enabled in SAACR_raw2data are indicated by ENA in the Enabled field for each adjustment. Adjustments that were already set and applied to the data are indicated by SET in the Also Set field for each adjustment.
Figure 5: The Adjustments preview window in SAAView
Click the OK button to enable the selected adjustments in SAACR_raw2data. An ArrayAdjustmentsSaa.mat file will be saved in the project folder.
Step 4 - Perform Another Reset Conversion with SAACR_raw2data and Set the Adjustments
After you have enabled the desired adjustments in SAAView, you can import them into SAACR_raw2data. This method will require you to perform another Reset conversion on the raw data. When you encounter the Settings window during the conversion, click the On/Off button in the Adjustment column.
Figure 6: The Settings window in SAACR_raw2data
Select the Import From SAAView button, and then select the ArrayAdjustmentsSaa.mat file to import the adjustments that were enabled in SAAView. If adjustments are enabled, the checkbox to the left of the On/Off button will be selected, and the enabled adjustments will be applied to the raw data as they are processed.
Figure 7: The Adjustments window in SAACR_raw2data
Proceed with the rest of the conversion in SAACR_raw2data as normal. More information about performing conversions is available in the SAACR_raw2data How-To Guide. Future executions of SAACR_raw2data using the OK(Auto) option, or from the command line by specifying the pref_project.txt file, will have the desired adjustments applied automatically.
Alternatively, the desired adjustments can be applied in SAACR_raw2data without having to import them from SAAView. Simply select the checkbox next to each desired adjustment in the Adjustments window. If adjustments are enabled, the checkbox to the left of the On/Off button will be selected, and the enabled adjustments will be applied to the raw data as they are processed.